An average user will always have a hard time getting perfect shots and clear video footage without the image shaking. Although this can be done without additional gear, it can be tough at times thus the need of a camera stabilizer.
The best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer works on a simple principle that moves the gravity close to the center of the camera to a higher point above the hand. This will make it more stable and with little to no distort images due to shakes. The stabilizers also make use of pivoting heads that will keep the camera from changing its angle, giving the user the freedom to use the holding handle to his/her satisfaction.
Best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer
There are various options available on the market that ranges in size and stabilization technologies. This makes it very hard for you to select the best stabilizers for your camera. To help you in making the right choice we have done extensive research and brought you the top 10 best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer for DSLR and Mirrorless.
When doing the research, we have considered various things such as their price, customer reviews, ratings, quality, and performance among other factors that make a stabilizer the best. Here are the Top 10 best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer for DSLR and Mirrorless.
The OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO
If you are looking for a handheld camera stabilizer, that is pocket-friendly and deliver top, not the performance the Official Roxant Pro is an excellent choice. The set up of this stabilizer is simple and will support weight of up to 2lbs. This tool comes with a quick release plate that allows you to attach your camera easily allowing for easy use and storage.
Additionally, the no-slip grip on the lower arm of the camera eliminates arm swing and helps in better steadying the footage. This best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer is great for Indie filmmakers who want to take their shooting quality to a new level. This stabilizer is easy to use when walking, skating or running.
- Compact size: This handheld gimbal camera stabilizer come in a compact size that allows you to use it in tight spots such as down the stairs, in cars, through crowds, etc.
- Unique design: This camera comes in a unique design, which will reduce the fatigue for longer allowing you to acquire shots that are more elegant.
- Superior construction: Another great feature that comes with this camera is the superior construction that makes it durable. It also has a no-slip grip that allows for better stability.
Ikan DS1 Beholder Gimbal for DSLRs
The Ikan DS1 Beholder Gimbal for DSLRs s a great stabilizer that is very useful when it comes to shooting videos and taking photos. This gimbal camera stabilizer is compatible DSLR and cameras that are weighing up to 3.7lbs. You will love the illuminated ON-OFF switch alongside the battery indicator that allows you to check how long you can use the camera.
Additionally, the model comes with great features that allow you to stabilize your camera effortlessly for you to get perfect shots.
- Three Axis Gyro Stabilized Brushless Motors: This stabilizer comes with impressive gyro stabilized motor that offers enhanced stability to DSLR and Mirrorless cameras.
- Support up to 3.7 lbs: Unlike other gimbal camera stabilizers that support lightweight cameras, this model will allow you to hold heavier cameras up to 3.7 lbs comfortably.
- Tripod Mount Socket: The Ikan DS1 Beholder Gimbal for DSLRs also comes with a great tripod that is constructed with high-quality materials for superior performance and durability. The tripod will hold the camera in a stable position allowing you to take excellent shots and steady video footage.
- Lithium powered: Another great feature that comes with this gimbal stabilizer is the low maintenance and eco-friendly lithium battery. This battery will last for a long time and allow you to take perfect shots every time.
Zhiyun Crane 3 Axis Brushless Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
This is the first handheld camera stabilizer that comes with camera control interface. This means that you will have the ability to control your cameras focus and shutter through the buttons offered on the gimbals’ handle. This is one of the most compact models available on the market that has a lightweight yet durable aluminum built.
We love the fact the battery pack of the model is hidden inside the handle, and the calibrations are automatic, allowing you to do your desired tuning in a matter of seconds. This model will work with most DSLR camera, and it is very easy to mount.
- Camera control interface: This is among first handheld stabilizers that come with camera control interface that will allow you to control your cameras shutter and focus by the buttons available on the gimbals handle.
- Built-in wireless control: This best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer come with a wireless control module that is connected to the Zhiyun remote or Smartphone App that can be used for wireless control as well as a firmware upgrade.
- Innovative battery tray design: This stabilizer comes with a built-in battery tray that can hold both the 18650 and 26650 batteries. These batteries have the ability to provide up to 6-12 hours operating time.
IMORDEN S-60C Carbon Handheld Camera Stabilizer
This handheld camera stabilizer can hold a maximum load capacity from about 2lbs -6 lbs. This means that the model can support larger loads including the DSRLs cameras. This stabilizer is constructed using durable and strong materials making it an excellent choice.
It also com with ergonomic handles that makes it easy to use even for a long time. If you carry many extra accessories, this is the best camera stabilizer for you. Additionally, the model comes with a carbon fiber body, making it very durable.
- Adjustment height adjustment: One of the best features that come with this model is the adjustable height that will allow you to position your camera in different height settings, allowing you to take excellent shots.
- Carbon fiber shaft: If you have a camera stabilizer that bogs you down due to the additional weight, you should consider replacing it with IMORDEN S-60C Carbon Handheld Camera Stabilizer. This stabilizer is lightweight and provides stability to your camera regardless of where you use it.
- Ergonomic design: This model comes with a quick-release plate that makes it easy and quick to install. The stabilizer’s ergonomic design makes it easy to carry and use in tight spaces. The handles are easy to hold allowing you to use it for a long duration without any problem.
Laing Handheld Stabilizer P-4S
The Laing Handheld Stabilizer P-4S is a great camera stabilizer that can be easily used with a professional camcorder and DSLR cameras. The model support various weights ranging from 3lbs up to 5lbs. This will allow you to use heavier camera models. You will love the adjustable length of the sled that allows you to make better video footage as well as allowing you to take perfect shots.
Additionally, the model comes with a quick release action that enhances your overall experience when taking pictures. The model is also very easy to install, as no tools are needed during the installation.
- Allows for horizontal and vertical 360 degrees turning: Unlike other camera stabilizers that are fixed, this model will allow you to make 360 degrees turning easily while still offering excellent stability. With this stabilizer, you do not have to keep shifting the stabilizer from one point to the other to get better shots.
- Allows for multi-angle shooting: The main factor that makes professional photographers not to use the camera stabilizers is that most stabilizers are fixed and will not allow you to make shots from multiple angles. With this camera, you can take the pictures from various angles allowing you to take unique shots easily.
- Can work with vest and damp arm: Additionally, this stabilizer ability to work with the vest and damp arm gives you more flexibility and convenience.
Big Balance 141401 Gibbon GN1
This is another best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer that comes at an affordable price and still offers great build quality. The model is very compact making it very easy to carry it around. The stabilizer also comes with a brushless motor and sensors that enhance the steadiness when shooting.
With this stabilizer, you do not need to waste a lot of time trying to balance your footage. You just need to focus on your creativity and the stabilizer will do the rest.
- Brushless motor and sensor: The brushless motor, as well as sensors, will enhance the battery efficiency allowing you to use the tool for long without having to worry about recharging. These features also enhanced the auto leveling accuracy as well as the product’s durability.
- Intelligent design: The model comes with an impressive design that allows you to mount it quickly so that no time is wasted before you can start to film.
- Rechargeable battery: This battery increases operating time as it can provide you with constant power that lasts for 6 hours. The battery takes very little time to recharge.
Beholder DS1 3 Axis Brushless Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
The Beholder DS1 3 Axis Brushless Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer does not only offer you with the reliable performance but also very durable. A great stabilizer comes with everything you need to help you to make perfect footage. The model will allow you to control the pan and tilt for better shots. It will also help to eliminate the unwanted vibrations when shooting.
Another great feature that comes with this model is the inbuilt battery pack that will provide you with long lasting power. The set up will take few minutes, and the calibrations are completely automatic.
- Equipped with 3 axis gyro stabilized brushed motors: This is a very important feature, as it will allow you to balance your Mirrorless cameras easily. The features also allow for enhanced stability on any other camera you want to use.
- 32-bit Controller with Dual IMU Sensors: Another great feature that comes with this model is the 32 bits system that increases the processing speed and increases the sensors accuracy. With this model, you will make great shots easily.
- Allows for multi-varied shots: This best handheld gimbal camera stabilizer supports any angle boot poured directly. This means that you will not have to switch the shooting modes as it has three axis that does not need any dead augmentation.
The FLYCAM HD-3000 comes with smarter and superior design that makes it to achieve the best stability for the camera. The model also comes with other great features that allow you to make great footage as well as take excellent shots easily.
To begin with this model is constructed from aluminum allow that makes both lightweight and sturdy. Additionally you can adjust its weight easily so that you can have the best shoot without shaking. This stabilizer has very much positive customer feedback die to its impressive performance and ability to remove vibrations during the shoot.
- Universal camera mount plate: The FLYCAM HD-3000 come with a universal mount plate that allows you to fit different cameras that weighs up to 8lbs. the model’s telescopic posts that have a locking knob for enhanced performance. Additionally, the gimbal is rotatable up to 360 degrees allowing you to make excellent video footage easily.
- Lightweight design: The model comes win a rugged and lightweight design that makes it offer unparallel controllability and ease of use. It is a perfect model especially if you have to carry a lot of baggage with you.
- Excellent construction: Another impressive feature that comes with this stabilizer is the stable and durable construction. It is constructed with aluminum-anodized materials that are rust proof. This material is lightweight and very durable.
Sutefoto S40 Handheld Stabilizer Pro
The SUTEFOTO S40 Handheld Stabilizer Pro can support all Gore cameras as well as other varieties of action cameras. The model comes with quick balancing technology that will allow you to stabilize your shot very efficiently.
The model is constructed using aluminum that has a black powder coating making it scratch and rust resistance. The aluminum is also very lightweight making it easy to carry.
Additionally, the model can support a maximum load of up to 6.6 lbs. Additionally, this handheld gimbal camera stabilizer will offer you with impressive high and low shooting function-ability as well as offering you with great stabilization for your shots all the time.
- Powder coated: The mode is constructed with lightweight aluminum that is powder coated. This makes it scratch and rusts resistance making it more durable.
- Quick balancing: The model also comes with great features that make it easy to balance.
- Easy to assemble and carry: Another excellent feature that comes with this model is easy to assemble. No tool is required during the installation and will take less than 5 minutes. Its lightweight design makes it easy to carry.
Glidecam HD-2000 Hand-Held Stabilizer
The Glidecam HD-2000 Hand-Held Stabilizer is another great product especially if you want a stabilizer to use with your digital or DSLR camera. This wonderful stabilizer is proved to achieve stability and has the ability to support up to 6lbs. Moreover, the model comes with an ergonomic handle that offers a firm grip and is very comfortable.
- Support different cameras: The model has the ability to support cameras weighing from 2-6 lbs. This makes it a great choice for people with small to midsized cameras.
- Easy to assemble: The model is very easy to assemble, and no tools are required.
Best gimbal handheld camera stabilizer buying guide
Before you can settle on the best gimbal camera stabilizer, there are some of the considerations you must take into account. These factors will help pick the best stabilizer in accordance to your needs. Here are some of the factors you need to consider while selecting the best gimbal stabilizer.
The weight of your camera
The first consideration to make is the weight of your camera. Different stabilizers support various weight capacities. Ensure you pick a stabilizer that can support your cameras weight. Another consideration to make is the weight of the stabilizer itself. Make sure you select a lightweight model that will not add a lot of weight to your baggage.
The construction and design of the stabilizer
Here you need to look at all the bits in the construction and design that meets your needs. First, you need to look at the size of the handle. Here it will depend on your preference as you can find various models that have either long or short handle. Secondly, look at the materials of the gripper. The material of the gripper comes in different materials including rubber, plastic, and foam. Choose the model that has the material that you are comfortable with. Additionally look at the length of the stabilizer. This will depend entirely on your needs although stabilizers with long lengths are better if your camera is heavy.
Easy of assembly
No one would want to select a stabilizer that will take more than 5 minutes to assemble. Ensure you pick a stabilizer that will be easy to mount so that you can focus more on taking great shots or making good video footage instead of taking all the time trying to set up the stabilizer. The best stabilizer should require no tools during the installations as you could easily forget the tools making the stabilizer useless.
Before selecting the stabilizer, it is very important to go through the customer reviews. The customer feedback will let you know the experiences of the customers who have already purchased the models. Ensure you for the model with the most positive customer reviews and the best ratings in various rating websites.
The paring of your camera and stabilizer
Ensure that your camera is going to fit with the stabilizer well. Here you need to make sure that the plates or the screws have the ability to adjust with the camera type that you are having, additionally you need to consider the smoothness and the friction of the handle ensure you select a model that you can move from one place to the other without affecting the setting of your camera. This will save you a lot of time which you could have spent adjusting the position of your camera.
The Best gimbal camera stabilizer will help you to capture smooth footages and great shots with your DSLR and Mirrorless cameras. All the products we have listed are tested and proven to offer you with great performance and long lasting service. They are easy to maintain and easy to carry along. With this stabilizer, you do not have to worry about having shaky footage or breaking your expensive camera. Pick any of our listed products and you will have a great product that will take your experience to a completely new level. Good Luck!