Having a beach body is a dream of you and me, and a great number of other people. However, only few of us can achieve this goal, while others are not really confident of their appearance. That is the reason why weight loss workout training is so popular nowadays, in the era that people prioritize their health beyond other aspects of life.
If you are thin and slim, it is a great start for you to build muscle and possess a dreamed body. However, for those who are overweight, it is a different story. This transformation period is a combination of 2 processes: Losing weight and building muscle. When you are working out several times a week, you surely want a training routine that can give you maximum result in a limited amount of time. In just 30 minutes a day, use your persistence to follow these best weight loss workout exercises.
If your goal is to lose fat permanently, you need to burn enough calories every day to make a significant impact. For instance, in order to lose a pound in a week, you need to shed 3,500 calories out of the calorie you eat. Generally speaking, you have to burn more calories than you take into your body. Cardio helps contribute to energy output – the calorie which is burned.
When it comes to cardio, there are many different types, namely, walking, jogging, sprinting, etc. Consider your fitness goals to choose the most suitable cardio. Here are some options:
This method is great for beginners, for recovery purposes, people with injury or who are obese. However, because of it low intensity of activity, the smaller number of calorie is burnt in a unit of time. Research proved that 15 minutes of cycling will burn more calories than walking for 45 minutes at a moderate pace. Moreover, metabolism will increase only 1 or 2 hours after walking, whereas other high intensity workout can boost metabolic process up to 24 hours or longer.
The main benefit of running is that it is higher intensity to burn a greater of calories and stimulate the metabolic rate for a longer period comparing to walking.
When applied to fat burning purposes, we can consider jogging – the other variation of running. Running and jogging involve all of the lower body, both recruit muscle fibers in the legs and enhance muscle shape in the long run.
3. HIIT (High intensity interval training)
This method is one of the newer and more effective ways to cut down your fat proportion. As its name suggest, HIIT uses both high intensity aerobic work to maximize fat burning effect and also increase metabolic rate after training. This method is a little bit different from other traditional cardio for 2 main points: HIIT requires higher intensity and there is a fraction of the time to complete.
A typical example of HIIT is cycling. First, you work at a moderate to high intensity pace about 75-80 percent of your Maximum Heart Rate (MHR) for 2 minutes. Then quickly increase the intensity to over 90 percent of MHR for less than 1 minutes. Repeat this process for up to 30 minutes. Besides cycling, you can choose running, rowing or swimming which can be used in a similar context with HIIT.
Swimming engages the whole body to work out and burn a high number of calorie at the same time. That training in a weightless environment helps you avoid any unexpected injury is a great plus to this method.
The common freestyle stroke is good for most people. However, using the variety of stroke helps you focus on different muscle group, not just simply emphasize on shoulder muscle.
The common misconception is that doing more cardio makes you lose fat, whereas weight train helps you build muscle. Here are some reasons why this notion is call “misconception”:
- I have mention many time about how many calories are burn after exercising. In fact, weight training boosts metabolism up to 36 hours post-workout. On a monthly rate, you may easily recognize how weight training increases your calorie burning and thus your fat burning capacity.
- There is a term called Basal Metabolic Rate, which tells how many calories you burn while you just lie on bed and breath without doing anything else (access to the link in the end of this article to calculate your BMI). Studies have shown that the more muscle you have, the higher this rate will be and the better calories burning. This is also the reason why males can eat more than females without gaining much weight. Males have more muscle on their body, thus they are burning more calories around the clock.
There comes to another misunderstanding of weight training. Woman think that weight lifting will develop their muscle and make them look more masculine. Luckily, woman do not have enough testosterone in their body to naturally develop the degree of musculature, not to mention the fact that woman have to consume a great deal of food to build muscle. Then, skip this worry and run into the gym, my ladies!
Guideline for weight loss workout training
- Start gradually at the initial stages by doing some warm-ups to avoid any unexpected injuries or burnout.
- Never overdo. Trying to do much will easily lead to opposite effect to what you are trying to achieve. Regularly, a 45-minute workout is acceptable to burn fat and benefit your health.
- Work within the target heart rate range to ensure your body is working at its full capacity. Working below the target heart rate range brings you little effect while exceeds this number can lead to injury.
- Drink sufficient water to avoid dehydration and performance reduction. Water makes up for the sweet and control your body heat. Therefore, take a glass of water before, during and after your training time.
Link to BMI calculator: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/