Thinking of the best way to keep your pet in the limited area around your house, to some extent, does puzzle you a lot, right? Well, the traditional fence does have a certain ring to it. However, your dog may easily jump over the fence or dig a big hole that he can escapes to the other side. If you think of building a bigger one, yes you can, but you should think about the aesthetic of your house before deciding to do so. In these cases, the wooden fence (or bricked) does not work it best. You can stop moaning now and let I introduce the best wireless invisible fence for dog. Yes, to be serious, it is invisible and it is the best invention replacing the tangible fence these days.
What is the wireless invisible dog fence
The hidden doggies fence is far unlike even a small chain link or wire fence or a brick one. In theory, this invisible wireless dog fence requires the combination of these 3 important devices: an electronic dog collar, a remote control activator for you, and of course, an invisible fence which is buried approximately 3 – 4 inches underground around the outer edge of your garden bed. Ok, and this is how they work well together: The wire laid down underground emits the radio signal to activate the electronic collar (the receiver) when your dog approaches near the marked area. Then, the collar releases a “beep” which is followed by an electronic shock.
For your information, this is just a low intensity shock having no harm and not supposing to cause any sort of damage to your little friend. You should not be worried as the electronic shock is so mild as it is powered by only two small battery, the intensity is just enough to surprise your pet and stop his movement right away. In addition, you can adjust all the levels according to your requirements. The system will go with instructions on the right shock which is recommended for dogs at various weights and sizes. Little by little, your dog will naturally identify the designated boundary and not intend to go beyond. Bravo!
Why should i need the best wireless invisible dog fence
Some dog owners choose electronic wireless dog fence type because of its performance, cost, ease of use and ease of installation. The others choose based on their needs, preferences and budget-saving. If you are living in the area where physical fence is not allowed, or if you are putting up with your neighbors complaining about how their flowers beds were destroyed by your little dog, then the option of wireless invisible fence should be considered.
Nowadays, manufacturer provides a set of product with varying models to please the customers’ preferences. And with this up-to-date device, you can get rid of the fear of budget for many reasons. You will benefit a peace of mind as well as lower costs in getting your dog to the vet clinic. And believe me, you will also get rid of hospital expenses or legal claims as your dog can not roaming freely and accidentally bite people.
The effectiveness of wireless invisible dog fence
Most pets adapt to this system quickly and happily in a few short training sessions. You can start training your dog 3 times a day, each lasts about 10 to 15 minutes until your dog totally feels comfortable with your training section. However, it also depends on your pet to have the right length of time (up to 2 weeks) to become fully acclimated to the system.
Weighing the pros and cons of wireless invisible dog fence
- AFFORDABLE: Although at the first sight, the cost of the wireless invisible fence seems to be costly, it is apparently less than the money you spend on buying materials and conventional installation. Depending the rechargeable or replaceable battery that you choose, you may pay an additional $25 per year for extra batteries.
- AESTHETICS: Unlike traditional fence, this invisible product allows you and your neighbor enjoy the spacious and eye-catching view.
- EASE OF INSTALLATION: It takes you no more than 15 minutes to insert the battery into the receiver. And you are done! Moreover, invisible fence can be placed practically anywhere you want (with a radius up to 250 feet) , even underwater. One important thing I would like to mention is that you can take this system to you when you relocate without perspiring.
- EFFECTIVENESS: Most invisible fence systems are guaranteed to work with dogs. Therefore, even if you think you have a stubborn one who cannot be contained within a visible fence, it may worth trying this invisible product. After months (or years) of using this invisible fence, some people can take collar out of their pet permanently. In reality, it depends much on the personality and behavior of your dog.
- MAINTENANCE: When any parts of the trio malfunctions, it can quickly be sent in to repair.
- The only time when this invisible fence seems to be useless as there is a power failure.
- This kind of fence only has effect on your dog (with collar) and inside the designated area, but not other animals outside. Then, it is possibly that your pet may be attacked by the outsider(s) inside the boundary of your invisible fence. (it is not recommended that a dog should be left outside without supervision).
Models of the best wireless invisible dog fence
#1. PETSAFE WIRELESS PET CONTAINMENT SYSTEM, PIF-300
The PetSafe Wireless Fence pet system provides the simplest and safest form of pet containment. The transmitter can be plugged in anywhere in your house without being easily recognized. It emits a 17.5 kHz radio signal around your home. The training of your pet is a key element with the PetSafe Wireless Fence. You will also get a training manual with easy instruction. This unit is compatible with all US 110v outlets and are not to be used with 220v international voltage.
- Adjustable: offers 5 adjustable levels of correction, plus a tone-only mode.
- Automatic Shut-Off: if pet leaves the boundary zone, the stimulation is limited to 30 seconds and automatically shuts off for five minutes before repeating stimulation for another 30 seconds.
- Completely Wireless: no need to bury wire in your yard.
- Ease of Installation: Plug in the transmitter and help your dog wear the collar.
- Low Battery Indicator: receiver collar will alert you when it’s time to change the battery.
- Portable: all devices can easily be brought to anywhere.
- Wide Circular Range: about 180 feet in diameter.
- Waterproof Receiver: safe to use in all climates.
- Warning Tone: receiver emits an audible warning tone as pet approaches the edge of the boundary zone.
- Training Manual Included.
- This product is specially recommended for pets over 8 pounds.
- Sometimes may cause false corrections inside the house whenever there are any large metal objects that block the signal can trigger it.
- The warning ‘beep’, to some people, seems to be rather low at least for human hearing.
#2. SPORTDOG 100-ACRE IN-GROUND PET FENCE SYSTEM, SDF-100A
The SportDog Brand Fence, comparing to the conventional fence, is simple and cost-effective. This is designed for dogs of 10 pounds or more. You should follow the training instruction to help your dog get used to his new boundary, then he will be around your garden in no time. This unit is compatible with all US 110v outlets and are not to be used with 220v international voltage.
- Anti-Linger Feature prevents dog from running down Collar Receiver battery in warning zone.
- Built-In Lightning Protection.
- Expandable up to 100 acres with additional wire (not included).
- Expandable to any number of dogs.
- For dogs over 10 pounds.
- 4 stimulation levels.
- Replaceable 9-volt battery.
- Signals can be transmitted within the distance of 8,600-feet of Boundary Wire.
- Tone and vibration.
- Waterproof Collar Receiver.
- Wire-Break Transmitter alarm alerts you to possible problems with boundary wire.
- A delay of 3 seconds between the warning ‘beep’ and the shock may be sufficient to give a dog enough time to run over the fence.
#3. ELITE LITTLE DOG IN-GROUND FENCE
This deluxe in-ground pet fencing system is made for you and your little puppy as well. If you want to keep your dog safe in yard and he wants freedom, this is the perfect solution. It will stop your dog from roaming far away your garden.
- 4 levels of static correction, including a tone-only option for warning and oral training. You may start with the lowest setting and record your dog’s response until you find the most appropriate level.
- 50 boundary flags, 500 feet of wire, a manual and DVD of operating and training guides are also included.
- In-ground radio controlled electric fence for smaller dogs.
- A waterproof collar adjusts from 6 to 26 inches, lightning protection.
- Dead battery can harm the transmitter. That’s why you should pay more attention to the red light when battery is running out of.
- The audible sound of the collar seems to be not loud enough for training purposes.
#4. PETSAFE RECHARGEABLE IN-GROUND FENCE SYSTEM
The recharge in-ground fences is one of the best wireless invisible dog fences as it let you keep your dog safe in your yard without having to regularly recharge batteries of the collar. You just only need to charge when the battery is low. You can add as many pets as you like with additional compatible collars. The transmitter sends a radio signal through the boundary to your pet’s collar. If your pet approaches near the invisible wire, there will be a warning ‘beep’. If he continues through the boundary, a gentle static correction from the collar will keep him backwards. After a week or 2 of training, your pet will quickly learn the area where he can freely enjoy.
- Covers up to 1/3 acre with included boundary wire, expandable up to 25 acres (with additional wire, but not included).
- Specially for dogs and even cats 5 pounds and above, neck requirement is between 6 and 26 inches.
- The wire may shrink your yard considerably.
#5. PETSAFE YARDMAX RECHARGEABLE IN-GROUND PET FENCING SYSTEM
This product is designed to allow your dog the freedom he deserves and provides you with a peace of mind. This is a combination of animal training and cutting-edge electronic. Petsafe ensures to bring the best product in quality and design for your beloved animal.
- A rechargeable receiver with adjustable collar fitting neck size of 6-26 inches.
- Including 500 feet of 20 gauge boundary wire and 50 extra training flags.
- Free operating and training guides.
- Test light tool and a contact point wrench.
- Waterproof capsules and wire nuts.
- Can be more complicated when using for 2 dogs.
- Batteries must not be dead in the transmitter.