Quadcopters are filling the headlines and the skies these days. Not a week goes by before you hear news of a quadcopter. The news range from best quadcopter with camera being used by the military to fun news of celebrities being pestered with these quadcopters.
A quadcopter is a type of a helicopter that has many rotors which help in lifting it. It is propelled by four rotors that enable it to hover on top of any area that you direct it towards. There are several best quadcopter with camera that are fun. Some quadcopters with camera can even carry as large a weight as a baby. Whatever need that you may have, there is definitely a best quadcopter with camera for it. Here we have compiled a list of 5 of the quadcopter with camera that will be your guide in choosing the appropriate quadcopter for your needs. But first, lets look at what you need to know before you can purchase or even fly one of the best quadcopter with camera.
You don’t require a license to fly a quadcopter. However, you need to know that the FAA has a set of rules that need to be followed. The two major ones are that you should never fly above or around people and you should always ensure that your quadcopter is within your sight at all times. The rules also come with a set of restrictions to govern where you should fly your quadcopter. This is because there are areas that are sensitive to security such as about 5 miles to an airport. It is important that you have this information before having fun with your quadcopter. The information about these rules is readily available on the internet.
Best Quadcopter with Camera controls
Most quadcopters often use a remote control that has two joysticks just like on a playstation or an x-box controller. Your quadcopter will have the same. One of the joystick controls will be the attitude of the quadcopter. It will be used to roll (tilt the quadcopter right or left) and to pitch (tilt it up or down). The other joystick controls will control the rotation and throttle of the quadcopter. The most appropriate remote control for your quadcopter should have joysticks that should fit in your hand and rest comfortably on your hands to allow proper thumb motion.
Quadcopter repair and construction
Irrespective of what you might have read in the ads, you will realize that as you get used to using your best quadcopter with camera, you may tend to crash it a lot. It is therefore important to know that a best quadcopter with camera should be able to take an unplaaned descent to the ground (crash) in great stride with no damage to the frame. It should also have in place the appropriate shields to protect the electronics and rotors from any harm. This is what is probably the most important aspect of any quadcopter with camera. However, there may be times when your quadcopter may get broken.
For this reason, it is important that your quadcopter have a readily available supply of affordable spare parts for the struts and rotors in case you need to replace the broken ones. This makes it conventient to swap out the parts any time one is damaged. Batteries too should be readily available.
Very few quadcopters offer more than 10 or more than 20 minutes of battery life. As such, it is wife to ensure that the your best quadcopter with camera has easy to swap batteries that should ensure you have as much flying time as you need without any hassle. This is mostly common in expensive quadcopters. Relatively cheaper quadcopters tend to have in-built batteries that are not designed to be swapped out.
The camera in your quadcopter ensures that you have even more fun and have something to show for your aerial exploits. A best quadcopter with camera will come with an in-built camera or an add on camera that will give clear photo shots or videos of your beautiful aerial exploits. Most quadcopters will record the video on a memory card for later viewing.
However, there are a select few quadcopters that will come with sophisticated high definition cameras that may offer you a first person point of view while flying your quadcopter. They operate by sending you a pilot’s eye-view from the quadcopter directly to your tablet or phone. Some models of best quadcopter with camera may even come with a pair of video goggles to give you the actual pilot seat experience when flying.
Now that you are familiar with what you need to know before buying a quadcopter, let’s now look at the best quadcopter with camera that you should invest in. The best quadcopter with camera models come in various options. I will narrow your search to the 5 best quadcopter with camera models.
1/ The Parrot Bebop drone
The parrot Bebop quadcopter is just as cool as its name sounds. It comes with a great high quality camera and has lots of safety features making it safe for flying indoors. This makes it one of the best quadcopter with camera modes that you need to check out.
- It is incredibly light weight with a weight of 400g with propellers that will stop automatically in the event that you have a crash.
- It has EPP hulls that make it safer and easier to fly indoors.
- It comes with a built-in GPS system that allows you to have the return Home Function. This is special because you can choose to send the quadcopter at any time back to its initial take-off point making it one of the best quadcopter with camera.
- The parrot Bebop quadcopter has a high resolution camera that enables you to take clear photos at 14 megapixels. The camera also offers you a unique 180 degree field of view with a digital image technology for stabilization to ensure that you take clear videos and photos while you quadcopter is in the air.
- It also comes with advanced flight technology that make it stable and easier to fly.
- It is relatively expensive as compared to other quadcopter with camera models due to its additional advanced features.
2/ DJI Phantom 2 vision+
This is also another great best quadcopter with camera model that is arguably the best in terms of aerial videography and photography. It’s very hard for any best quadcopter with camera model to beat the DJI Phantom 2 vision+ in the performance and quality category. The quadcopter industry recognizes DJI as a household name and the additional feature of an RTF (ready to fly) phantom 2 vision+ only serves to place it in a class of its own.
- DJI Phantom 2 vision+ with camera model has a high quality vision+ camera that comes with a removable memory card that offers you up to 4GB of space.
- The camera shoots at full HD of either 1080p/30fps or 720p/30fps at 14 megapixels.
- The vision app on the camera enables you to adjust the camera settings to your liking.
- With a Wi-Fi enabled tablet or phone, you can stream the camera videos directly to your phone from a distance of up to 700m away. This is what makes this best quadcopter with camera stand out from the rest.
- It also has advanced flight control technology to make it easier to fly and stable just like in the other best quadcopter with camera models.
- It is relatively expensive due to its advanced features.
3/ The Parrot AR Drone 2.0
The Parrot AR Drone 2.0 with camera model also comes with a wide range of amazing features. It may not be as powerful as the previous two best quadcopter with camera models discussed but it still has a lot of amazing, unique features to make it a best quadcopter with camera model. There are three different color modes for this type of Parrot AR Drone 2.0. In addition, it can be flown through a variety of mobile devices.
- With this type, you can shoot High Definition videos at 720p/30fps.
- In addition, the quadcopter has JPEG photo capture and low latency streaming making it stand out among other best quadcopter with camera models.
- You can also send any high definition video that you have taken directly to your smartphone while you are still flying the quadcopter.
- The quadcopter also gives you the option to copy the videos or photos from its in built camera directly to your flash drive or any other external memory device with much ease.
- Camera of Parrot AR Drone 2.0 also has a direct mode. This is an in-purchase mode that allows you to program any automatic movements to ensure you get exactly what you want to capture. All this happens in real time.
- The direct mode also enables you to share videos on youtube and have post processing video technology for clear footage.
With this additional features, the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 definitely qualifies to be one of the best quadcopter with camera models.
- It does cannot take very high definition videos of up to 1080p/30 fps
4/ The UDI U818A quadcopter
The UDI U818A quadcopter makes it to the list of the best quadcopter with camera models due to the fact that it is affordable while at the same time having great features. It is one of the few best quadcopter with camera models that are priced under $100. It may not be as advanced as the other best quadcopter with camera models discussed but it makes a great option for those who are new to quadcopters.
This best quadcopter with camera model comes with an FPV which is capable of shooting videos in 640×480 AVI. It may not be exactly high definition but for such a price, it gives impressive quality.
- It is affordable.
- It has an in built memory card of up to 2GB space that allows you to save any videos that you take straight to your SD card to be transferred later to any external device.
- A 6-axis gyro, posture control gives you precise control of the quadcopter’s positioning.
- It has a four channel controller that serves to improve its stability making it easy to fly.
- It’s modular design makes it one of the best quadcopter with camera models that is easy to install or repair parts making it a wise choice for those with little to no experience.
- May not be suitable if you want HD footage.
- Lacks some of the advanced features for point of view shooting.
5/ The Husban X4 Quadcopter
The Husban X4 Quadcopter is unique due to its size. Finding a tiny quadcopter is not an easy task and it is for this reason that the HUsban X4 stands out from the other best quadcopter with camera models.
Not only does this best quadcopter with camera model fit in your hand but it also takes great videos and photos while you are in an indoor setting. It may come with a low price tag but this does not compromise on the incredible features it has.
- It is very affordable.
- It has a 0.3 megapixel camera that records videos at 640×480.
- It is small in size and has a lightweight frame making it the best quadcopter with camera for performing certain flight tricks.
- It has a remote control that can be used to perform four way flips to take it left, right, backward and forward.
- Of the best quadcopter with camera models in the market, the Husban X4 offers the best value for your money.
- It lacks advanced features available in other best quadcopter with camera models.
Best quadcopter with camera models may be used for fun as well as to perform a variety of other useful tasks. There are plenty of quadcopters in the market which makes your choice even harder to make but if you follow the guidelines outlined above, it should not be that much of a hard task. The best quadcopter with camera should be able to meet your needs as well as help you enjoy the experience that comes with flying a best quadcopter with camera. Depending on your use for the quadcopter, you are now well equipped to choose the best quadcopter with camera for your needs.